Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hook-and-looped

I finally got back to Iraq on the 24th early in the morning and many people were congratulating me but I didn’t know why.


It turns out that my promotion orders went through and I was the last to know. I put in for promotion in November but there was a little miscommunication on the paperwork so it just came through.


We had a company formation in the afternoon and my squad leader, SGT Inman “hook-and-looped” me with my sergeant stripes. It used to be known as being “pinned” with your new rank but now we have Velcro™ rank instead of “pin-on”. We just aren’t allowed to use the trade name. I guess we are saving the Army a few bucks by using the generic stuff.


This will bring some more pay and of course more responsibility to go with it. Hopefully, I will get the opportunity to be a convoy commander soon.


Carry on,


SGT Kyle




The sergeant is the Army.


-Dwight D. Eisenhower



No comments: