Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Economy Is Bad Kev....

Jay Leno does a little thing on his show where he talks about the economy with his band leader, Kevin Eubanks. Of course over here our jobs are secure and we don't have a chance of being evicted. I read the news everyday though of how things are going back home.

We often hear about the American Dream of owning a home. I just got this news from my credit union. The American Dream Program is a saving program they have for first-time homebuyers that I am participating in. I guess they couldn't afford to offer those interest rates anymore though so they aren't taking any more applications.

I have been thinking a lot about returning to the US when we are done here. I currently don't know where I'm going to live or work when I get back. Well, technically I do know where I'm going to live but I am still looking for a place of my own.

I have always thought that it would be cool to be an astronaut. However, my body has repeatedly reminded that is not a good career choice for me. There is something about carnival rides, and I can only assume a space shuttle ride, that makes my head spin. Not literally because this isn't the movies but you know what I mean. Anyway, my body seems to have done me a favor because you would be surprised what the astronauts are doing for work now because of the recession.




It doesn't seem like astronauts would be good at this job though since they all wear diapers anyway. It's possible this is a local contractor with the same acronym as the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. I'd keep the kids away from Space Camp this summer just in case though.

Save your pennies,

Kyle



It isn't so much that hard times are coming; the change observed is mostly soft times going.

- Groucho Marx




For those of you that have sent mail and packages during my deployment I want to tell you how much I have appreciated it. I'm going to have to ask you to stop sending any packages now though. We are going to be moving soon to some other housing and will have much less personal space. I can tuck some letters away here and there but I won't have any room for the packages or the things they bring.

No comments: